Located in the middle of the action, the Disneyland Resort is not only the best reason to come to Southern California, it's also the perfect place to stay while here. The Disneyland Resort is ideally situated in beautiful Orange County — with Los Angeles to the north, San Diego to the south and kilometres of golden beach to the west.
Southern California Beaches
- Newport Beach – Explore a wealth of seaside possibilities in a pristine setting that caters to beachgoers and sightseers alike. 29 kilometres south of the Disneyland Resort.
- Huntington Beach – Grab your sunnies and swimmers and head to "Surf City" for nearly 15 kilometres of uninterrupted beachfront, brilliant sunsets and one of California's finest piers. 31 kilometres south of the Disneyland Resort.
- Laguna Beach – Experience an ideal blend of local culture, sophisticated amenities and upscale dining and shopping in this quaint and picturesque coastal town. 39 kilometres south of the Disneyland Resort.
- Santa Monica – Discover 6 kilometres of sun-washed sand seen in countless American movies and TV shows. Enjoy a stroll along Ocean Front Walk, past the children's playground, volleyball courts, International Chess Park and the world-famous Muscle Beach. While there, check out the hundreds of stores and restaurants near the Third Street Promenade. 72 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
Southern California Golf
- Coyote Hills Golf Course – Spend a day at the championship course that has the distinction of being Southern California's only recipient of Golf Digest's Top Service Award. Located in Fullerton. 11 kilometres north of the Disneyland Resort.
- Black Gold Golf Course – Try this "Best in Class" public-only golf facility offering dramatic vistas, outstanding service and impeccable conditions. Located in Yorba Linda. 16 kilometres northeast of the Disneyland Resort.
- Take in a world of entertaining diversions, including The Hollywood Entertainment Museum, the Hollywood Walk of Fame footpaths, Madame Tussauds Hollywood wax museum, Universal Studios HollywoodSM, Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park and the Los Angeles Zoo. Don't miss a guided tour of mansions of the stars that will take you throughout the curvy residential streets of the Hollywood hills. 51 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
- Take a scenic drive south and explore San Diego's sun-drenched beaches, charming shops, quaint Old Town and historic Gaslamp Quarter. Then take a walk on the wilder side and venture into the area's world-famous animal parks and attractions. 161 kilometres south of the Disneyland Resort.
Southern California Shopping
- Downtown Disney District – Stroll down a lively promenade featuring unique shopping and dining, as well as exciting nighttime entertainment. Located adjacent to the Disneyland Resort Hotels, the Downtown Disney District offers something for everyone from early morning until late at night, including a world-class movie theatre. No admission fee is required.
- Anaheim GardenWalk – Check out The Shops at Anaheim GardenWalk, Orange County's newest upscale locale for outdoor shopping, dining and entertainment. Shop until you drop at over 55 stores, feast at savoury restaurant favourites and take advantage of an abundance of entertainment options. 2 kilometres from the Disneyland Resort.
- South Coast Plaza – Visit one of the United States' most luxurious shopping destinations, with an unparalleled collection of 280 boutique and department stores including many exclusive to California. 21 kilometres from the Disneyland Resort.
- Fashion Island® (Newport Center, Newport Beach) – Enjoy a coastal shopping experience that is cosy, upscale and truly unique at this centre boasting 200 stores and 40 restaurants. 31 kilometres from the Disneyland Resort.
- Pasadena — Old world architecture meets modern shopping on Colorado Boulevard in this charming, historic city nestled against the mountains. While there, be sure to check out the Huntington Botanical Gardens and historic Pasadena City Hall, an architectural masterpiece. 58 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
- Beverly Hills — Pamper yourself as you shop among movie stars and jet setters alike! Stroll down Rodeo Drive, the ritziest street in California, with ultra high end boutiques and restaurants. 65 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
- Beverly Center –Explore 160 distinctive boutiques and restaurants reflecting the diverse styles and tastes of Los Angeles at this hotspot located between Beverly Hills and Hollywood. 56 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
- Carlsbad Company Stores – Save up to 70% off everyday prices on designer fashions, footwear, jewellery, toys and accessories while you shop among spectacular fountains and gorgeous palm trees. 101 kilometres from the Disneyland Resort.
Theme Parks and Wildlife Parks
- Universal Studios HollywoodSM – Find a world of entertainment all in one place with rides, shows and attractions that bring your favourite movies to life.
- SeaWorld® Adventure Park – Celebrate the wonders of the sea at SeaWorld® San Diego. Experience Shamu's show, Believe, plus thrilling rides and amazing animals. Get up-close to dolphins, sharks, beluga whales, penguins and polar bears. Create a lifetime of memories.
- Knott's Berry Farm Theme Park – With over 165 rides, shows and attractions, Knott's Berry Farm is the place to go for everyone. Experience world-class thrills on Silver Bullet, the park's first-ever suspended coaster, or Sierra Sidewinder, the spinning coaster with panoramic views.
- LEGOLAND® California – Everyone is a hero on more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. And right next door, the SEA LIFE Aquarium puts families in touch with the aquatic world in a truly memorable way.
- San Diego Zoo® – The world-famous San Diego Zoo® is at the heart of the San Diego experience. Winding paths through a tropical oasis bring you to more than 4,000 rare and fascinating animals. Discover the wonders of wildlife with animal encounters and exciting shows. Plus, explore the new Elephant Odyssey Exhibit.!
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park® – The world-famous San Diego Zoo Safari Park® immerses you in a hands-on safari experience where herds of animals roam natural habitats in a vast reserve. Explore walking trails that reveal unexpected sights of lions lounging and antelope and giraffes mixing and mingling. Discover exciting surprises of conservation in action at this leading wildlife park.
Los Angeles Museums
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art — With more than 150,000 works of art from ancient times to the present, this extraordinary museum has something sure to delight each member of your family. Be sure not to get stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits right next door. 56 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.
- Getty Center — Perched atop a grand hillside with stunning views of Los Angeles and the ocean, no trip to Southern California is complete without a visit to the Getty Center. Enjoy the Getty's world-class art collection and magnificent gardens. 67 kilometres northwest of the Disneyland Resort.