Learn more about Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.
As you approach the Guest screening tents, please be prepared for inspection of your personal items, including:
- Purses, brief cases, tote bags, diaper bags, camera bags, backpacks and merchandise bags
- All bags must be carried in the Parks and cannot be pulled or pushed on rollers. Luggage that cannot be carried in hand must be stowed in rentable large lockers. Please note that lockers have limited availability.
- Waist packs (i.e., fanny packs). Please remove for inspection prior to the Guest screening table.
- Coats and jackets
- Packages (e.g., sealed and unsealed boxes, wrapped gifts)
- Strollers (underneath strollers)
- Coolers/lunch boxes
- Canes and shoes
This information is subject to change without notice.
The Disney Characters are found throughout Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. As you plan your visit, you may want to learn more about Character Experiences at Disneyland Resort. For more information when you arrive at the Disneyland Resort, visit the Information Board or City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A.
A limited supply of manual wheelchairs is available for Guest rental and use at select Disneyland Resort hotel locations. Quantities are limited, subject to availability and rentals are available on a first come, first served basis. Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) are not available for rent at Disneyland Resort hotels.
When you arrive at your hotel, contact the Front Desk or the Concierge to make arrangements for your wheelchair rental. If you have additional questions prior to your arrival, please call the Hotel Operator at (714) 778-6600.
Guests under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian's permission to call.
Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park offer discounts for groups of 15 or more from qualified non-profit organizations. For detailed information, prices and tickets, please call (714) 781-4565.
Disney Youth Groups also offer specially-priced group tickets—perfect for field trips—for youths ages 3 to 22. For information and reservations, call (800) 232-7980.
Large or small business meetings, conventions or events are welcome at Disneyland Resort! For more information and reservations, call (714) 520-7025.
Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
The Disneyland Resort is open every day of the year. Please visit the Park Hours section for the specific hours during your day of visit. This section also contains resort entertainment and refurbishment schedules.
Disney California Adventure Park is within walking distance to Disneyland Park.
- The Main Entrances for both Disney California Adventure Park and Disneyland Park face each other. The Parking Lot Tram loading and unloading areas and the Ticket Booths for both theme parks are located a short walk from these Main Entrances.
- Everything at the Disneyland Resort is within walking distance. To the north of the Main Entry Plaza is Disneyland Park; to the south is Disney California Adventure Park. Downtown Disney District and all 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels are to the west.
- View a map of the resort layout.
The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. We suggest you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for the parks.
Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense. Attire that is not appropriate for the theme parks (and which may result in refusal of admittance) includes but is not limited to:
- Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character
- Masks (unless you are dressing up for a particular event)
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
- Excessively torn clothing
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
- Tattoos that could be considered objectionable, such as with obscene language or graphics
A Guest is allowed into the parks if her or his hair (or make-up, if applicable) has been made to resemble a Disney Princess or character (for example, after a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makeover) provided the Guest is not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.
Items not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pets (Service Animals are permitted and must be wearing an identifying assistive-companion vest; pets may be kept at the on-site kennel)
- Scooters (motorized and non-motorized)
- Inline skates
- Shoes with built-in wheels
- Pogo sticks
- 2-wheeled vehicles, including Segway™ Human Transporters
- Strollers larger than 36" x 52"
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep (the size of our large rentable lockers)
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
- Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him or her, including a stroller, is not permitted into the theme parks.
- Coolers larger than 6-pack sized are not permitted into the theme parks.
- Note: Guest can store coolers up to 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep in rentable large lockers located outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
- Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any illegal substances
- Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aids
- Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)
- Water pistols, toy guns and replica weapons, with the exception of those sold in the Disneyland Resort
- Sporting goods or equipment (e.g., baseball bats, helmets, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows, camping equipment, chairs, stools, tables and Frisbees)
- Weapons of any kind (including guns, knives, billy clubs, brass knuckles, nunchucks, stars and other martial arts equipment)
- Self-defense equipment (pepper spray, mace, stun guns)
- Restraining devices (e.g., handcuffs, zip ties) or any suspicious items (e.g., box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
- Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointers, slingshots, stink bombs, air horns)
- Cremated remains (e.g., urns, vases, boxes)
- Miscellaneous other items (tools, fire extinguishers, musical instruments, megaphones, pots and pans)
- Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting the Disneyland Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Disneyland Resort properties, or icons for professional purposes must make prior arrangements with Disneyland Resort Media Relations.
- Folding tripod stands or monopod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.
This information is subject to change without notice.
In the event of inclement weather during your visit to the Disneyland Resort, most attractions and indoor shows will continue to operate. For the safety and comfort of our Guests and Cast, some outdoor attractions may temporarily close until the inclement weather passes. These attractions may include:
Please visit City Hall on Main Street, U.S.A. during your visit for updated information.
Disney California Adventure Park
Please visit Guest Relations during your visit for updated information
Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 years of age or older to enter a Disneyland Resort theme park (Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park).