The Walt Disney Company
1. ALPR Data Use
If we choose to employ ALPR technology, our use of the ALPR Data is limited to the following purposes:
- To enhance your experience while visiting such properties such as, for example, by assisting in locating a lost vehicle;
- To prevent unauthorized use of our facilities; and
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies, be illegal, or otherwise impact the safety and security of our guests and/or third parties.
2. ALPR Data Access
We limit internal access to ALPR Data to specific individuals who are authorized for such access and who have a legitimate business purpose for such access (“authorized personnel”). These authorized personnel include the following:
- Select security personnel who may use such ALPR data in connection with preventing unauthorized use of our facilities, or in connection with detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies, be illegal, or otherwise impact the safety and security of our guests and/or third parties; and
- Select parking and transportation personnel who may use such ALPR data in connection with enhancing your experience while visiting our physical properties, preventing unauthorized use of our facilities, or detecting, investigating and preventing activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
These authorized personnel receive information security training addressing their handling of ALPR Data to help protect privacy interests and to comply with applicable laws. Individuals who have not been trained will not have access to ALPR Data. Violations of this Policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We will not sell, share, or transfer ALPR Data to a third party outside The Walt Disney Family of Companies, except in limited circumstances, including:
- To provide service providers with ALPR Data in connection with their performance of services on our behalf; however, these companies are prohibited from using ALPR Data for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
- To ensure the safety and security of our guests and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our guests and third parties, to comply with legal process, or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
The process for sharing ALPR Data with third-party service providers is governed by our contracts with such providers. Applicable security and/or parking and transportation personnel who receive any other request for external access to ALPR Data will log such request, including with such log the following:
- The name of the requesting entity;
- The name of the person requesting; and
- The intended use of the ALPR Data.
Authorized personnel will review the request and log his/her approval to share or transfer the information to the requesting entity. We will retain logs of both the request and the approval.
3. Monitoring ALPR Data
We monitor the use of ALPR Data through access logs to prevent unauthorized access. These access logs include the following information:
- The date and time the information is accessed;
- The license plate number or other data elements used to query the ALPR system;
- The username of the person who accesses the information, and, as applicable, the organization or entity with whom the person is affiliated; and
- The purpose for accessing the information.
4. Reviewing and Retaining ALPR Data
We regularly review ALPR Data to ensure its accuracy and to correct errors. We retain ALPR Data for as long as necessary for the purposes listed above and regularly destroy ALPR Data when we determine its retention is no longer necessary, unless we are informed that we must retain the ALPR Data in accordance with legal process or to satisfy other legal obligations.
If you have questions about this Policy, including concerns about the accuracy of any ALPR Data collected about you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us:
CA Privacy Rights
Disney Interactive Media Group
500 South Buena Vista Street
Mail Code 7667
Burbank, CA 91521-7667