Find out answers to common questions about the Downtown Disney District.
Downtown Disney District is conveniently located within walking distance from Disney California Adventure Park, Disneyland Park and the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Short-term free parking is also available.
There is no entrance fee for the Downtown Disney District.
The Downtown Disney District provides something for everyone. While many singles will enjoy the nightlife, Downtown Disney District also offers a 12-screen movie theater, family-oriented dining such as the Rainforest Café, and one of the largest Disney shopping experiences on earth at the World of Disney.
The Downtown Disney District is open every day of the year. Visit our Park Hours section for the schedule of entertainment and events.
Downtown Disney District parking is located on Disneyland Drive, between the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure and the Disneyland Hotel.
Your first 3 hours of parking are free. An additional 2 hours can be validated at AMC Theatres and at table-service dining restaurants. After that, the cost is US$6 for each additional hour, charged in 20-minute increments.
Valet parking is available from 5:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. for US$6. The valet price is in addition to any parking fee, bringing the maximum fee with valet up to US$36.
Not all restaurants at Downtown Disney District require reservations. However, depending on the restaurant, the date and the time you plan on visiting, reservations may be a good idea.
Call 1 (714) 781-DINE or 1 (714) 781-3463 for dining reservations for most restaurants up to 60 days in advance. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Items not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pets (Service Animals are permitted and must be wearing an identifying assistive-companion vest; pets may be kept at the on-site kennel)
- Scooters (motorized and non-motorized)
- Inline skates
- Shoes with built-in wheels
- Pogo sticks
- 2-wheeled vehicles, including Segway™ Human Transporters
- Strollers larger than 36" x 52"
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep (the size of our large lockers)
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
- Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him or her, including a stroller, is not permitted into the Theme Parks.
- Coolers larger than 6-pack sized are not permitted into the theme parks.
- Note: Guest can store coolers up to 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep in picnic lockers located outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
- Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any illegal substances
- Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aids
- Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)
- Water pistols, toy guns and replica weapons, with the exception of those sold in the Disneyland Resort
- Sporting goods or equipment (e.g., baseball bats, helmets, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows, camping equipment, chairs, stools, tables and Frisbees)
- Weapons of any kind (including guns, knives, billy clubs, brass knuckles, nunchucks, stars and other martial arts equipment)
- Self-defense equipment (pepper spray, mace, stun guns)
- Restraining devices (e.g., handcuffs, zip ties) or any suspicious items (e.g., box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
- Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointers, slingshots, stink bombs, air horns)
- Cremated remains (e.g., urns, vases, boxes)
- Miscellaneous other items (tools, fire extinguishers, musical instruments, megaphones, pots and pans)
- Items with spikes (e.g. purses, bracelets, etc.)
- Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting the Disneyland Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Disneyland Resort properties, or icons for professional purposes must make prior arrangements with Disneyland Resort Media Relations.
- Folding tripod stands or monopod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.
This information is subject to change without notice.
Contact the Downtown Disney District Property Management Office at 714-300-7820 Monday through Friday during regular business hours.