What items are not permitted within Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park?
Theme Parks – Frequently Asked Questions
Items not permitted include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pets—which may be kept at the on-site kennel. (Separate fees apply and space is limited.) Service Animals are permitted.
- Scooters (motorized and non-motorized)
- Remote control toys
- Inline skates
- Shoes with built-in wheels
- Pogo sticks
- 2-wheeled vehicles, including Segway™ Human Transporters
- Strollers larger than 36" x 52"
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels
- Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep (the size of our large rentable lockers)
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
- Note: Guests are not permitted to pull items behind them. Any item that requires a Guest to pull it behind him or her, including a stroller, is not permitted into the theme parks.
- Coolers larger than 6-pack sized are not permitted into the theme parks.
- Note: Guest can store coolers up to 18" wide x 25" high x 37" deep in rentable large lockers located outside the Disneyland Park Main Entrance. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
- Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any illegal substances
- Folding chairs, with the exception of cane-chair and seat-walker mobility aids
- Glass containers, with the exception of baby food containers, medicine or small perfume bottles (under 4 oz)
- Sporting goods or equipment (e.g., baseball bats, helmets, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows, camping equipment, chairs, stools, tables and Frisbees)
- Weapons of any kind or object that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Self-defense equipment (e.g., pepper spray, mace, stun guns)
- Restraining devices (e.g., handcuffs, zip ties) or any suspicious items (e.g., box cutters, razor blades, duct tape, wire)
- Items that may be disruptive (e.g. laser pointers, slingshots, stink bombs, air horns)
- Cremated remains (e.g., urns, vases, boxes)
- Miscellaneous other items (tools, fire extinguishers, musical instruments, megaphones, pots and pans)
- Wrapped gifts (all gifts must be able to be unwrapped for inspection)
- Items with spikes (e.g. purses, bracelets, etc.)
- Selfie sticks (hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices)
Folding tripod stands or monopod stands that can fit inside a standard backpack are permitted.
Equipment used for unauthorized photography, videotaping, recording, broadcast or transmission of any kind for commercial purposes is not allowed. Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting the Disneyland Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Disneyland Resort properties, or icons for professional purposes must request permission and make prior arrangements with appropriate Disneyland Resort representatives. Permission for any recordings or broadcasts on the premises are within the sole discretion of Disney.
This information is subject to change without notice.
Please Check Our Park Rules
We ask that you review our Disneyland Resort park rules before your visit to avoid any delays or disruptions. We regularly update our park rules to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience at the Disneyland Resort.